V is for Vulnerability

V is for Vulnerability.


Being vulnerable helps us reveal our authentic self.   
For me-it is about revealing an inner obstacle. If I share my truth-the burden seems to lift a bit. Maybe because someone-I love reminds me to think like a little red caboose.

 "I think I can, I think I can...."
 
Being human and showing we have limitations opens our world to
creating stronger relationships.  We all are flawed and have many facets
of our personality to share.

We are diamonds in the rough-glowing with energy and passion-when we allow our spirit to take the challenge-we can move mountains-at least ".... I think we can!" 



I think of a camera lens and how taking a photo of myself feels like crawling out on tree limb.
I feel exposed!



WE all have freeze-frame moments in life, but once we face them-we become
stronger.


How do you handle being vulnerable?

 






Comments

Yolanda Renée said…
I'm a cautious individual, and try like hell not to expose my vulnerability, but I took a chance this year and shared something very personal. The response was supportive and positive. It made a huge difference in my life and I'm glad I did it. My biggest fault is that I take all criticism personally, even the most minuscule, it's almost ridiculous. It still amazes how my inner child influences daily life, is there no way to get her to grow up? :)
Ella said…
Hi Renee!
They brought the big trucks out today..for the internet. I didn't have any connection for most of my day. Thanks for commenting!
I am cautious, too. I was bullied a lot and it left some pretty big emotional scars. I don't really get close to very many people. I do, the same as you described~ I know my daughter said that to me the other day. Maybe we need to let her have childlike moments~?!

I am so happy, you had a positive reaction! Hugs
Karen Baldwin said…
I hate being vulnerable because I've been tricked many times especially being in love...total love. It takes a lot of faith on my part to open up, and there have been times when what I revealed had been used to ridicule or hurt me. But I still believe in love and the joy of opening up my heart and soul to someone.